Monday, January 17, 2011

Susan's "Fight Like a Girl" Soup

So, I'm sure y'all are thinking 1.) Who is Susan? and 2.) Why fight like a girl? Well, here are the answers. Susan was my former boss at my college job at Edward Jones Investments. Susan was a fighter for her family (She was married 33 years and had 3 children she was devoted to), her office (She wrote this recipe on the back of her business card. Such a business lady!), and in her community (I think she volunteered for, um, like, everything). She also fought against breast cancer until she passed away in 2009. A true fighter if I have to say so myself! So go out there and fight like a girl in all you do. And take the time to throw this quick and easy soup together to reward all your hard work!

Susan's "Fight Like a Girl" Soup
2 cans of Campbell's Minestrone soup
1 can of Rotel
1 can of Ranch stlye beans
1 lb. of ground beef, browned and drained
Brown and drain your ground beef. Add the soups, rotel, beans, and meat to a pot. Let simmer for atleast 15 minutes.
Serve with warm, crusty bread or crackers. Remember those sourdough subs from the french dip sammies? I served those with the soup.
You can also turn it into a Mexican dish by serving with Frito corn chips and shredded cheese melted on top. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment