Thursday, March 17, 2011

red and green smoothie

Believe it or not y'all, healthy dishes really do come out of my kitchen. I try to eat a healthy breakfast and lunch to make up for my kinda healthy dinner and those frequent sweets I just have to have.
One thing I've created as a quick and easy breakfast is a smoothie that provides a serving of fruit and veggies. Throw everything in a blender, give it a taste, add more of something if you desire, blend again, pour it in a cup, and out the door you go sipping on your breakfast as you start the day. 

1 banana
1/2-1 cup of frozen sliced unsweetened strawberries
Handful of spinach leaves
1/2 cup of whatever milk you like (I use unsweetened almond milk)
I sweeten mine up a little with 1/2 teaspoon of agave nectar

Throw everything in your blender. The frozen strawberries make it so you don't have to add ice which will just act as a filler and could cause your smoothie to be watery. The color might not be super appetizing because of the spinach but drinking this smoothie is a much easier way to get those greens you need. Who wants to eat a boring salad all the time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment