Monday, March 14, 2011

Everybody's Favorite No-Bake Cookies


My goodness y'all, this weather is just crazy! 70 degrees one day. Raining and freezing cold the next. But no matter what the weather is, a classic, never complicated no bake cookie is always welcome. I have been eating these cookies since I was little. It is probably one of the first cookies I ever made on my own because it is so easy. I bet you have every ingredient in your pantry so get on in your kitchen and "bake" these sweets.
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe from www.food.com
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar 
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3-3 1/2 cups dry quick-cooking oats
2 teaspoons vanilla

Put the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa into a sauce pan over medium heat.

Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.

Remove from heat. Stir in the peanut butter, oats, and vanilla.

Drop spoon fulls onto wax paper. Let cool until set. Or eat them warm and gooey like my family does!




No comments:

Post a Comment